Friday, June 19, 2009

Persistence Pays!



Exciting news!  My two new board books will be shipping (hopefully) by the end of next week in time for the 4th of July weekend- which is especially good news because I have my first signings for the books at Where the Sidewalk Ends in Chatham, MA (Cape Cod) on July 4th from 1-3.  Hope you can make it!

In the meantime, I will continue to chronicle the development of these books (scroll down a bit if you'd like to start at the beginning)....

Now that I was reasonably encouraged by the direction the baby duck was taking, I began to work on his older buddy, a duck I was already well acquainted with from my "Journey Around Boston from A to Z" book.  You can see, however, from the scruffily beginning above that my first try (as usual) was not as successful as I wanted.  I was trying to brighten him up, make him more in style with the baby duck.  From my first try, it looks like I tried to accomplish this by sending him through the washing machine!  I was almost embarrassed to post that one!  After a few tries though, I began to get the hang of it and then worked on how the two of them would look together.  With a skip in their step, I was pleased that I was moving in the right direction.  Persistence pays!  Keep at it!

A Block Party!  The sound of those words make me smile!  Too rainy though, check out this Blog Party instead!

2 comments:

Claudia said...

how exciting for you! Congrats.

I will head over to the bookstores and check these out.

I dont have any grandkids yet...but it looks like a good series to start collecting.

TTFN~~Claudia

Heather said...

Tell Bevin I missed Super Saturday!
I was hoping for an update!