Thursday, June 11, 2009

99% Perspiration


Now it was time to sweat.  Jake arrived happy, healthy, and huge and his quilt was almost done.  Now it was time to get back to business.  I needed a new project and one that might have the chance of earning money somewhere down the road would be helpful.  So, I sent the girls off to school, had breakfast, and sat down to mope.  That's when the idea of the "Journey" board books floated back in the window.  Perfect!  I had a vision.  In keeping with my sister's original idea, I wanted these new books to be playful, energetic, and colorful.  I started to jot down ideas.  Nixing the alphabet concept (too heavy for a board book), I went for cheerful rhyming text.  I was energized!  I had lunch.  This was going to be a breeze!  I sat down to sketch, the bus arrived.  Excellent!  The next day I'd just start drawing, perhaps have a couple of finished illustrations by the end of the week, put a packet together over the weekend and send it off on Monday!  I had goals... I had vision!  (The only problem was I had amnesia concerning the other 98%)!

No comments: